Public Health Laboratories, Environmental Agencies, Departments of Agriculture, First Responders, Geochemistry, Military, Law Enforcement and other Security Agencies.
Advantages of a TD-GC/MSD based Mobile Laboratory for Air Toxics Analysis:
• A Mobility in case of emergency
• Instruments with anti-vibration design and test for transportability
• Ready to start to work immediately without hardware modifications
• Versatility of applications (air, water & soil samples)
• Extended list of compounds in a very fast single analysis ( 8 minutes)
• Hyphenated Analytical Techniques for a high range of sample matrices • Multiple possible sample introduction techniques (Liquid sampler, TSP, TD, P&T, HS, SPME…)
• Minimum response time
• Easy to start-up of all systems (Quick start up protocols)
• First analytical result generated in < 100min. since arrival to the risk scenario with the Mobile Laboratory
• HTML Results table automatically generated after each analysis
Mobile Lab Specifications for Environmental Applications:
• Vehicle with enough interior space: 2.3 meters interior height. Enough space in laboratory bench for two operators
• Vehicle drivable with a ordinary license (B1 type). No need of an expert driver for moving around
• External electrical connection, Integrated Power Generator and UPS for full autonomy and protection.
• Air conditioning in the roof and ventilation systems. Thermal insulation in walls and floors, with non-slip plywood
• Gas supply system: helium cylinder or hydrogen generator. Automated exchange of bottle for maximum autonomy
• Furniture with anti-vibration systems for analytical instruments (not required for MSD 5975T). Security system with locks for different equipment / furniture
• Integrated weather stationwith meteorological sensors to measure : wind speed, direction, humidity, temperature, pressure, GPS data, etc., installed on top al a pneumatic telescopic mast (9,5m high) very easy to deploy from the vehicle interior. No need to jump on the roof anymore. Continuous data acquisition system and log, with dedicated PC, battery operated for independent work.
• On-line monitoring of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) by TD-GC/MSD 5975T. Possibility to rum alternatively canisters and bags as well as up to 100 TD tubes automatically.
• Calibration with liquid sampler, pressurized gas cylinders or spiked TD tubes (loading ring)
• Integrated continuous multiparameter analyser for analysing Ozone (O3), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2),Nitric Oxide, (NO) Nitrogen Oxides (NOX), Carbon Monoxide (CO), Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Sulphur Dioxide (SO2), Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S), Particles (PM10 & PM2.5)
• Continuous monitoring instruments installed in 19" double rack, probe for dust and gas samples.
• Optimized control software for remote operation via PC or iPad
• A PC-network and a specially designed software program link all the instruments via the serial communication ports for data storage and print out.
DRS/RTL for Fast Data processing & Report
Dual Use, More Value
• Same performance as Agilent lab bench top GC/MS 7890A/5975C
• Both lab and mobile lab application, more value
• Can leverage the existing method and experience from Agilent lab GC/MSD system
Toxic industrial compound detection and confirmation system
Another consideration is toxic industrial compounds. These are chemicals designed for commercial use, yet through accidental events or mishandling pose an environmental or public health threat. This system is used to analyze organic and inorganic compounds in air, water, and food supplies. It has been applied toward the detection of chemicals including pesticides, PCBs, benzene, oil, fuel, and phosphorous & sulfur-containing compounds among others. The U.S. EPA Chemical Emergency Preparedness and Prevention Office maintain a list of 356 "extremely hazardous substances." Although no single measurement technique would be able to analyze for all of the compounds listed, we do integrate several different complementary techniques that could be used together to provide near comprehensive analytical capability.
Recommended system configuration for toxic gases and volatile organic chemicals:
• Agilent Technologies 7890B gas chromatograph with autosampler
• Agilent Technologies Thermo Desorber with autosampler and on-line sample capabilities
• Agilent Technologies 5975T mass selective detector
• NIST mass spectral library
For low-volatile organic chemicals:
• Agilent Technologies LC/MS
For toxic metals and metal-containing compounds
• Agilent Technologies ICP/MS and/or MP-AES
Determination of metals in industrial wastewaters
The Agilent 4100 Microwave Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometer is the most significant advancement in atomic spectroscopy in decades. It runs entirely on air, which means it can be easily deployed in the field within a mobile lab environment. Now you can perform easily unattended multi-element analyses while eliminating flammable and expensive gases. With high sample throughput and fast sequential measurement, the Agilent 4100 MP-AES will ensure you provide food, beverages, and agricultural products of consistent quality and uncompromising safety.
With better performance and superior detection limits to flame AA, the Agilent 4100 MP-AES is built to detect elevated contaminant levels that pose a risk to human health and cause concern for the agricultural, livestock, and aquatic industries.
Industrial wastewaters can be a major source of environmental contaminants, which do not degrade with time and may pollute farm and urban land, as well as surface and ground waters. Consequently, the determination of metals in wastewaters is an important aspect of environmental monitoring. Microwave Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometry (MP-AES) provides an ideal, low-cost solution for multi-element analysis of wastewaters.
Analysis of soil extracts: In agricultural science, soil samples are routinely analyzed for micronutrient content, providing an assessment of a plant's nutrient levels and possible deficiencies. Available metals in soil are extracted with a variety of reagents depending on soil type and form of the required element. Microwave Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometry (MP-AES) is a multi-element analytical technique that offers medium sample throughput, high sensitivity, and wide dynamic range.
SAY YES to running on air.
Superior detection. Enhanced productivity. Lowest cost of ownership. This revolution doesn't just redefine a category-it creates a new one. Watch this video to learn more about the Agilent 4100 MP-AES.
The 4100 MP-AES uses a nitrogen-based plasma generator that runs on air, and thus does not require flammable or expensive gases. We do integrate our own nitrogen/air Gas Generator with integrated compressors that will give o the MPS the purity, flows and pressures of the required gases to operate in the field as well as in the traditional laboratories.